Thursday, June 4, 2009

Joy & Gil - Lanikuhonua

What an AMAZING wedding Joy and Gil had. You may remember their beautiful faces from our engagement shoot back in January. If you didn't see it, check them out HERE. I just love to do engagement sessions before the big day because I really get a feel for the couple and get to know them. I connected with them right away during our e-shoot and just like our first photo session, on their wedding day, I could see how completely happy and in love they were with each other. They are both just the sweetest, most down to earth people. Joy put a lot of thought and energy into all of the incredibly beautiful details and it really showed. Their friends and family were all such a fun bunch of people and had a great time celebrating the couple's happiness. Joy and Gil, I cannot thank you enough for choosing me as your photographer. It was such a pleasure to photograph your happiness! We are so happy for you guys! A big thanks to Kim for coming to Oahu for the weekend and helping me on a couple of fabulous weddings.

Make sure to check out the slideshow at the end of the post highlighting the day and all the details :)

Oh, a little side note, most of the closeup portraits were taken with the canon 85 1.2 lens pretty much wide open. I rented it for the weekend and was sad to have to return it. What an awesome lens - really love it, would love to own it in the near future. If you're a photographer who owns this or the 50 1.2 - will you leave a comment with your thoughts on either of the lenses. Thanks :)















I love this next shot Kim took:
















And another of Kim's below:















And here's a slideshow of their day:


No comments: